Monday, February 11, 2008

What moves me? I like the word Inspires better.

I was wondering around on Google images, looking for things that made me think. I found one! Really I found many many images that move me or as I like to say it Inspire me. Here are a few.

I am a huge fan of anything that is not real, I hate reality.

I found something that made me feel like part of my fascination with fairies came true for about five minutes, This picture inspires me because somebody took the time to create a life like piece that looks like a dead fairy. I know how morbid, but you know what for a second I could justify my favorite saying "I do believe in fairies I do, I do". The item you see was made in England by a man wanting to help people believe in things that are not real, he admits to it being fake now, but wow what great job, I even had my sister believing in it for a few minutes before I told her the truth.




This image is what I think of when my dad tells me something weird like go to your Happy Place! (he got that off of Happy Gilmore). This is what I think of when I think of my Happy Place!

Tasha's Happy Place


This picture moves me because it is so peaceful, and yet so full of action. If this was real it is truly one place I could sit for hours and not get bored.



This was my favorite movie growing up, Legend. It has everything that inspires me maidens, heroes, goblins, devils, unicorns, fairies just everything. Magic all over the place. I think that things like this is part of why I have the imagination I have now.

scene from the movie Legend



This picture if you don't already know came from the old cartoon the last unicorn, this was also a favorite, it was my favorite cartoon growing up. I love this kind of stuff. If it is magical I am into it, this inspires me when I look at it because I remember how I thought of things when I was little, I used my imagination all the time then, and if I knew then what I know now I would be rich by now, but instead what I knew then I don't know now, which kind of hurts me and my ability to create now. I like to remember as much as I can from years past so that I can harness that incredible energy I had back then.

This movie was so creative that it captivated me at a very young age, I used to dream about it years after I had seen it, and I didn't even know I had seen it or what it was. This to me is way cool, if something can embed itself into a child's mind, something has to be inspirational about it. They did a great job being creative when they made this one, I wish I could come up with something as creative as this one.



Ellen inspires me, she is always optimistic and funny. Her show always brightens my day, I love to listen to her monologues.

She just turned fifty, and I think she is a lot smarter than everybody takes her for. Sometimes I get really mad, and I remember one monologue, she was talking about how we make decisions every day, why don't we choose to just be happy. It made sense to me, so now every time I get mad I think of what Ellen said, we can choose to just be happy.



One last montage of things that inspire me are the wondrous photographs that Ann Geddes creates. I say creates because she doesn't just take pictures, she creates them. It is like she travels to another world to take her photos, so beautiful.

Sometimes I look at these photos and I can't believe that these are real children.

Her imagination must work overtime to come up with some of these.

I love this last one; it looks like these babies came straight down from heaven.

1 comment:

modestalchemist said...

i'm really just skimming through randomly... but "the last unicorn" is also a book... a book that i have. i had to read it for an english class, and it's great, so if you're the kind of family that reads together before bedtime, you can have it if you want it... just let me know. i'm on campus almost always.